We support disabled people in Manchester to find and participate in activities in their local community.
We can help you if you live in Manchester, are over 18 and consider yourself to be a disabled person.
What we will do:
- A Community Connector will support you for 16 weeks to become more involved in your local area.
- We will work with you to find out what you are interested in.
- Support you to become more involved in local groups and activities and become more independent.
- Be understanding.
- Give you the support that you want.
- Tell you about other groups and organisations who can help too.
- Provide the opportunity to join other Breakthrough services afterwards.
We can support you to find activities by:
- Doing an action plan – where you decide what activities you would like to do, what you enjoy and on which day, and time would suit you.
- We support you to find the activities that are right for you.
We can assist with:
- Travel training.
- Find for you the activities that you would like to do.
- Help support you to become more confident using technology
- Contacting activities and agencies on your behalf.
- Help connect you to organisations that can help you with everyday things that may be stopping you from attending activities.
Once you have chosen an activity we can support you in:
- Getting there (route training).
- Starting your first day.
- Talking through any questions you might have.
- Regular visits at community venues/telephone/video conference calls to you until you are settled in your activity.
- Contact and support with any issues connected to the activity.
Please get in touch with us to find out how we can support you
Both organisations and individuals can self-refer to us in the following ways:
Through the referral form.
On telephone 0161 234 3950
Texts to 0793 994 3383
We are based at:
The Kevin Hyett Suite
Abraham Moss Centre
Our website is www.breakthrough-uk.co.uk