You can make a one off donation via our Just Giving page.
Or set up a monthly donation – both can be used in many different ways!
- £5 covers a front line volunteer’s travel expenses while they support someone
- £10 covers an hour of one-to-one person centred employment support for a disabled person
- £50 could pay for the newsletter to be transcribed into Braille
- £150 could pay for an hour’s BSL interpreter to support a deaf person to take part in a training course
Where your money goes?
For every £1 you donate, 85p is spent on our activities to benefit disabled people. The remaining 15p is spent on governance and on raising the next £1. This is based on our audited accounts from 2016/17.
What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid Donations means Breakthrough can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give. It won’t cost you any extra. Click here to find out more.
Different ways to donate
You can also donate to Breakthrough by:
- Make a cheque payable to ‘Breakthrough UK Ltd’ and send to Breakthrough UK, The Kevin Hyett Suite, Abraham Moss Centre, Crescent Road, Manchester, M8 5UF. Remember to include a signed gift aid form and your donation will be worth 25% more.
- Donate in memory. Donating in memory is a great way to remember a loved one, especially someone who supported Breakthrough or benefited from our work. You can do this through the Donate button.
- Leave a gift in your will. Leaving a gift in your will is a great way to ensure that Breakthrough can continue to support disabled people in the future.
- Payroll giving. By registering for Payroll Giving you can make a pre-tax donation to Breakthrough.
Donating without spending!
You can support Breakthrough just by shopping or eating out!
- Give as You Live. Sign up here to support Breakthrough, and every time you shop online a donation will made for free!
- Charitable Bookings. Sign up here and raise money each time you book a restaurant using the app for free!
Donate in memory
When you give to Breakthrough in memory of your loved one, whether celebrating their life by having a collection in their memory, this enduring tribute makes a lasting change. We’re able to be there for more disabled people to make the most of life.
Leave a gift in your will
When you are writing your will, your first priority is naturally to provide for your own family and friends. Many people find they have a little left over to donate to an organisation they care about. Leaving a gift to Breakthrough costs nothing for you in your lifetime but could help us support many disabled people to work and live independently in the future.
By letting us know that you have left a gift in your will to Breakthrough, you’re helping us to plan for the future with more confidence. Please get in touch with Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll Giving is a scheme run through HMRC. It allows employees to make simple, tax-effective donations to any UK charity. Your gift is taken before tax – so each £1 only costs 80p, with the taxman paying the rest! If you are interested in signing up please contact email@example.com