We support disabled people in Manchester to re-connect with their local communities.
We also help access local health services following Covid-19.
We can help you if you live in Manchester, over 18 and consider yourself to be a disabled person.
What we will do:
- A Health Connector will support you for 12 weeks to become more involved in your local area and access health services.
- We will work with you to find out what you are interested in.
- Support you to access and understand health services and become more independent.
- Support you to become more digitally confident
- Be understanding and patient.
- Give you the support that you want.
- Tell you about other health groups and organisations who can help too.
- Provide the opportunity to join other Breakthrough services afterwards.
We can support you to find activities by:
- Doing an action plan – where you decide what activities you would like to do, what you enjoy and on which day, and time would suit you.
- We support you to become confident in accessing health services.
- We support you to find the activities that are right for you.
We can assist with:
- Travel training.
- Help you to become more confident using technology.
- Find the activities that you would like to do.
- Invite you to online group meetings with other Breakthrough clients
- Contact activities and agencies on your behalf.
- Help connect you to organisations that can help you with everyday things that may be stopping you from attending activities.
Once you have chosen an activity we can support you in:
- Getting there (route training).
- Support to get you started.
- Talking through any questions you might have.
- Regular catch-ups/telephone/video conference calls to you until you are settled in your activity.
- Contact and support with any issues connected to the activity.
Please get in touch with us to find out how we can support you
Both organisations and individuals can self-refer to us in the following ways:
Through the referral form.
By telephone: 0161 234 3950
Text phone: 0793 994 3383
We are based at:
The Kevin Hyett Suite
Abraham Moss Centre
Our website is www.breakthrough-uk.co.uk