Our mission is to promote the rights, responsibilities, and respect of disabled people.
In 1997, we set up as a disabled people’s led organisation in Manchester, paving the way towards a future where society does not see the impairment before the person. We aim to support disabled people to play a full, economically active role in society:
- To enable and empower disabled people to be independent, to seek employment, and develop their careers.
- To provide increased choice and control for disabled people by designing products and services that best meet disabled people’s requirements and preferences.
- To promote the concept of Independent Living of disabled people in a diverse cultural context.
- To be recognised as leading at local, national, and international levels at identifying and addressing barriers to disabled people’s participation in society.
- To ensure the organisation demonstrates excellent practice through good governance, strong leadership, employer excellence and continuous improvement.
- To have financial stability and health growth.
We aim to be the voice for disabled people.
We are driving change.
Learn more about our work and our views and opinions.