At Breakthrough UK, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We may update this policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our services and website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Our contact details
Address: The Kevin Hyett Suite, The Abraham Moss Centre, Crescent Road, Crumpsall, Manchester M8 5UF
Phone Number: 0161 234 3960
Text number: 07939 943383
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information online:
• Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, your name and contact details) if you choose to share them with us
• Website user stats such as your IP address and anonymous information on what pages are accessed
• Email addresses if you choose to contact us through the website
If you make a donation online your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, Just Giving, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• So that we can meet your access or communication requirements when providing you with information or a service
• So that you can get our newsletter
• When you ask a question or submit a complaint
• When you refer yourself or someone else to one of our services such as community connecting or employment support
• When you apply for a job or volunteering opportunity with us
• When you book onto an event or course
• When you make a donation via Just Giving
• When you enrol for our Payroll service
We use the information that you have given us in order to
• Provide you with support
• Provide you with accessible information
• Process your training / event bookings
• Send you our email newsletters
• Process a donation that you have made
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
• Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
• Seek your anonymous contributions and experiences for our influencing work
• Notify you of changes to our services
• Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
• Provide anonymised feedback for grant funders and tenders
• Process applications for jobs, internships, apprenticeships and placements
Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by an organisation to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit. They collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and do not identify you as an individual.
This helps us to improve our website and deliver a better, more personalised service. It is possible to switch off cookies in your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in some loss of functionality when using our website.
Lawful basis for processing personal data
Our legal bases for processing your information include:
Contract – the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you or with a Local Authority, Clinical Commissioning Group or other funder.
Legal Obligation – the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law
Vital Interests – the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life
Legitimate interests – the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of a third party
Consent – you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
How we store your personal information
If we need to store your personal information for the above reasons, it is securely stored on our encrypted cloud server.
If you are an individual accessing one of our services, the personal information we require to provide the service to you is stored on our secure Customer Relationship Management Software, Lamplight.
We take your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
• SSL, TLS, encryptions
• Restricted access
• IT authentication
• Anti-virus/malware software
How long we keep your data for
We keep your data for as long as you are using a particular support service; and then in accordance with our Information Asset Register (which will be no longer than 7 years, often much less).
When we are no longer required to keep your data, it will be securely destroyed or deleted.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you would like to review and / or correct the information that we hold about you please contact us at:
or write to us at:
The Kevin Hyett Suite, The Abraham Moss Centre, Crescent Road, Crumpsall, Manchester M8 5UF
Alternatively, you can telephone us on 0161 234 3950 or text us on 07939 943383.
We will then send you a Subject Access Request Form in your preferred format. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. Security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
It is the right of all data subjects to ask Breakthrough UK the following:
1. What personal data Breakthrough UK is processing about that person, if any;
2. To be provided with a description of the personal data processed by Breakthrough UK about that person;
3. The purpose or purposes for which the personal data is being processed;
4. Confirmation of who will have access to the personal data; and
5. To be provided with a copy of the personal data, as well as a confirmation of where Breakthrough UK acquired that personal data.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Review of this policy
We keep this Policy under regular review.
This Policy was last updated in February 2021
Breakthrough UK is registered in England and Wales as a Company Limited by Guarantee [company number 3479742] and a Charity [charity number 1078009].