The Digital Employment Service is a brand new option for Breakthrough UK’s clients.
The service is entirely digital (all based online). It gives up to 6 months of continuous support to each client.
• 1-1 support
• Group workshops
• Employer support when a client finds employment.
Employment Service applications from people with a learning disability and or autism will be prioritised because of the way we are funded. However, anyone with a disability living in a Manchester City Council neighbourhood may apply.
Further details about eligibility can be found below.
The Digital Employment Service intends to support disabled people into finding and securing paid employment on their own.
To achieve this, the support that is offered will focus on a number of key areas, including:
• CV writing
• Job site profile building
• How to conduct efficient job searches
• Discussions around your skills and experience
• How to recognise skill gaps and fill them
• Mock interviews
• And so on.
As this service is about promoting independence, we will not be able to apply for jobs or contact employers about an application on your behalf (though we can speak to employers about reasonable adjustments for you).
To be eligible for this service, a client needs to:
• Have internet access
• Have access to a computer/tablet/smartphone that can support video conferencing (Zoom/MS Teams/Skype)
• Be comfortable using technology
• Be living in a Manchester City Council neighbourhood
• Be willing to commit time to this service as it is for people who want to start work as soon as possible
• Not already be in work or full-time education
• Available to start immediately
Please get in touch with us to find out how we can support you.
Both organisations and individuals can refer to us in the following ways:
• If you are referring someone else, please complete the referral form at this link: https://bit.ly/BUKreferralform
• If you are referring yourself, please complete the self-referral form at this link: https://bit.ly/BUKselfreferralform
• If you are already a client of ours, you can fill the digital employment service form out straight away at this link – http://bit.ly/BUK-DES-Form
• By telephone: 0161 234 3950
• By text phone: 0793 994 3383
Our registered office is at:
The Kevin Hyett Suite
Abraham Moss Centre